This Christmas season, Project Noel Altus expects to serve 500 to 750 children. You can help make Christmas wishes come true for these needy children by donating gifts of toys or money, or simply by volunteering your time.
Community members can help by bringing any new gift to the First United Methodist Church or the Department of Human Services. The suggested price range of gifts is between $10 and $30. Following are some great gift suggestions:
- Non-violent toys for boys and girls, ages infant to 17 years
- Sports equipment and balls
- Hats, gloves, and socks for any age or gender
- Watches or jewelry for pre-teen and teenage girls and boys
- Grooming items for teens
- Fashion items such as belts, purses, wallets, sweaters for teens, male and female
- Electronics for teens
- Blankets for family
- Donations of AA and AAA batteries, wrapping paper, and tape are also needed to complete Project Noel. People may already have these items at home they are willing to donate.
Both financial donations and purchased gifts for Project Noel Altus will be accepted through Wednesday, December 16th at the First United Methodist Church, 317 N. Main. The office entrance is located under the covered driveway on the south side of the building at Main and Cypress. Checks should be made to 1st UMC/Project Noel. Donations are tax-deductible, and statements will be issued by the church. Donors may remain anonymous if they wish. 100% of all donations go directly to funding Project Noel Altus.